UNDER OFFER 12/16th century chateau
Property Ref: ESTG-569
"Surrounded by an extraordinary scenery, 12/16th century castle, guesthouses, tennis and so much more"
8 Bedrooms +
Floor 720m² +
The little tree-lane providing access to the Chateau once passed the arched entrance gates with two impressive oak doors that are remotely controlled. The chateau itself comes in the form of an incomplete quadrilateral bordered by dry moats on both sides. The enclosure punctuated by five round towers and a square tower retains its battlements. It is a listed building since 1946.
The robust-looking edifice comprises a square building, spanning three levels. The stone entrance facade is flanked by the square tower and a circular tower. The castle itself has “en pierre“ masonry walls with the stone access bridge across the dry moat now replacing the previous drawbridge leading into the inner courtyard. The upper part of the castle is equipped with the so-called “machicoulis“ - openings which used to
serve for the castle s defense.
From the courtyard, overlooking the parklands and extended by vast meadows; a beautiful setting around this feudal property. Planted with all sorts of trees e.g. tilleuls of over 100 years old, they help to make the premises even more attractive.
The castle is impressive, it dominates the valley below. The
unobstructed view stretches for as far as the eye can see over the surrounding countryside.
For more information about this outstanding property, please press the request information button.